Jammu University Lecturers Recruitment 2023: Apply Now for Various Posts
The University of Jammu has released a notification inviting applications from eligible candidates for the engagement of Lecturers/Teaching Assistants for the academic session 2023-24. The recruitment is for various subjects in different campuses and departments of the University. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply offline on or before 20/03/2023. The recruitment process will be based on academic record, research performance, domain knowledge, teaching skills, and interview performance.
|Recruitment Body||University of Jammu|
|Name of Post||Lecturers/Teaching Assistants|
|No. of Posts||Various|
|Job Location||Jammu, J&K|
|Salary||As per University norms|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Selection Process||Academic Record and Research Performance; Assessment of Domain Knowledge and Teaching Skills; Interview performance|
The recruitment is for various posts of Lecturers/Teaching Assistants in different departments and campuses of the University. The details of the vacancies are given below:
- Main Campus: The vacancies are available in subjects like Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Botany, Buddhist Studies, Business School, Commerce, Centre for Women’s Studies, Chemistry (Organic, Inorganic & Physical), Computer Science & IT, Dogri, Education, English, Environmental Sciences, Electronics, Geology, Geography, Gojri and Pahari in DLL, Hindi, History (Modern & Medieval Indian History), Home Science, Human Genetics, ICccR & HRM (MBA-International Business), IMFA (Arts History Aesthetics, Applied Arts, Dance Classical, Sculpture, Painting, & Tabla), Journalism & Media Studies, Library & Information Science, Law, Guest Faculty (Advocates) in the Department of Law, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Physical Education, Psychology, Punjabi, Philosophy, Remote Sensing & GIS, Sociology, Statistics, Sanskrit, Strategic Regional Studies, SHTM (MBA-HT, BBA-HM &BBA-HM (CHEF), Urdu, Yoga, and Zoology.
- Directorate of Distance Education: The vacancies are available in subjects like Sociology, Hindi, Dogri, M.Com, Urdu, Political Science, and B.Ed.
- The Law School: The vacancies are available in subjects like Sociology, History, Economics, Law, Political Science, and Guest Faculty (Advocates).
- Bhaderwah Campus: The vacancies are available in subjects like BBA, B.Com, BCA, MBA, MCA, English, B.Ed, IME, and Geography.
- Kathua Campus: The vacancies are available in subjects like Management Studies, Computer Science, and BA in English.
- Kishtwar Campus: The vacancies are available in subjects like Computer Science & IT and Kashmiri.
- Ramnagar Campus: The vacancies are available in subjects like Computer Science & IT and Sociology.
- Reasi Campus: The vacancies are available in subjects like Sociology.
- Poonch Campus: The vacancies are available in subjects like Sericulture.
- Udhampur Campus: The vacancies are available in subjects like P.G in Commerce & Economics, B.Com, Three months course in Bakery & Confectionary.
- University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET): The vacancies are available in subjects like Computer Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics/ Graphics/ Machine Drawing (Mechanical Engineering Branch), Engineering Math, Engineering Physics, Engineering Chemistry, Communication Skills, Humanities Social Science and Management (MBA).
The candidates applying for the posts of Lecturers/Teaching Assistants should fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should have a Master’s degree with at least 55% marks or an equivalent grade.
- The candidate should have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR, or similar test accredited by the UGC.
- Candidates who have a Ph.D. degree in accordance with the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure
Download Official Notification
How to Apply?
Applications should reach the Office of the concerned HOD/Rector/Director/Coordinator/Principal of Teaching Department/Directorate/Offsite Campuses/ Institute on or before 20/03/2023.
For information w.r.t. schedule of interview, the applicants are advised to contact the Dean Academic Affairs/Concerned Head/Rector/Director/Coordinator/ Principal of the Teaching Department/ Directorate/ Off Site Campus/Institute by 30-03-2023.