JKBOPEE invites Applications from eligible candidates belonging to Union Territories of J&K / Ladakh, for admission to B.Arch. Courses at GCET, Jammu(School of Architecture, GCET Campus Kot bhalwal) & GCET Safapora, Ganderbal (School of Architecture Safapora, Ganderbal) for the academic session 2022. The selection of the candidates shall be governed by the J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examination Act, 2002 and the Rules and Regulations there under, JK Reservation Act, 2004 as amended vide J&K Reorganization Act, 2019, S.O 127 dated 20- 04-2020, and subject to further amendments, if any, by the Competent Authority, issued from time to time.
Candidate applying for above course shall be eligible, if he/she:
- has passed in 10 +2 examination with PCM subjects or
- has passed 10+3 Diploma with Mathematics as compulsory subject.
- In addition to the above, the candidates needs to qualify an aptitude test in architecture conducted either by NTA (i.e JEE) or “NATA” conducted by Council of Architecture”
Submission of Application Forms:
The interested candidates have to submit Registration Cum Counselling offline Form alongwith the following self-attested certificates w.e.f. 19-09-2022 to 06-10-2022 (during working days). The application Form shall be available at BOPEE office Jammu/Srinagar and also annexed as Annexure “A” to this Notification:-
- Domicile of UT of J&K/UT of Ladakh as the case may be (Domicile Certificate , if not issued , at the time of submission of Application Form), the candidate can submit an undertaking certifying that he /she shall submit /produce the same at the time of counselling). For Candidates of UT of Ladakh, ST certificate issued by the competent Authority of Ladakh shall be treated as Domicile Certificate.
- Qualifying marks (12th class) certificate/10+3 Diploma with Mathematics as compulsory subject; (whichever is applicable).
- Score card of NATA 2022 or JEE 2022 or both, as the case may be.
- Date of Birth (10th Marks card/Diploma issued by the Board)
- Valid Reserved category certificate, if any
- Fee of Rs 1200/= to be paid either through POS machine available at BOPEE office Jammu/Srinagar by debit/credit card.
However, it is for the information of all concerned that afore-titled documents as required for submission of application form shall be considered provisional and subject to change(s) vide any order as may be issued by the Government subsequently.
- The eligibility is bare minimum/provisional and shall be subject to such changes/bench marks as may be fixed by the concerned University/Authority. The Board shall on receipt of any such communication from the concerned authority/University notify the same, which shall govern the eligibility criteria.
- The seats in the above institutions shall be filled only, if Board receives approval of such courses/intake from concerned Competent Authority.
- No under process certificate will be accepted;
- Original Documents as mentioned above required to be submitted in the concerned Institution at the time of Admission.
Mode of selection/Admission:
There are tentatively 80 seats (40 seats at GCET, Jammu & 40 seats at GCET Safapora, Ganderbal, Kashmir). The Board has decided to fill up these seats on the basis of Merit cum Preference as filled in by the candidates in the registration cum counselling form.
In case two or more candidates having same score in NATA or JEE-Arch , then their tie shall be resolved by considering Mathematics Marks scored in 12th class examination & in case of further tie, the D.O.B of candidate shall be taken into account for selection.
- Mere filling of application form shall not confer any right to the candidate(s) for admission.
- The Board has right to select /reject any application form at any stage if found false without issuing any notice to the candidate