Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board conducts the JKSSB SI to recruit eligible and interested candidates to the post of Sub Inspector in J and K. Candidates who plan to take the test should be familiar with all the relevant information’s, including the JKSSB SI Syllabus, eligibility requirements, exam format, and more. To pass the exam with flying colours, it is crucial to possess a thorough knowledge of the syllabus. Every subject’s topic and subtopic are covered in the syllabus. The JKSSB exam is divided into two parts: a written test is administered after the physical endurance test and a physical standard test.
JKSSB Sub Inspector / SI Syllabus 2022 is provided here, candidates preparing can now easily access the whole syllabus here and also download its PDF format below in this Article.
JKSSB SI Exam 2022: Overview
|Name of the Exam||JKSSB Police Sub Inspector|
|Conducting Body||Jammu and Kashmir Service Selection Board (JKSSB)|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Exam Levels||Physical Endurance Test and Physical Standard Test Written Test Interview|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Post Name/Purpose of the exam||To recruit candidates for Jammu and Kashmir Sub Inspector post|
|Exam Helpdesk No/email ID.||mailto:email@example.com|
Download Also : JKSSB VLW/ Panchayat Secretary Syllabus 2022
1. Idioms And Phrases
2. Rules For Tenses
3. List of One Word Substitutions
4. Rules For Prepositions
5. List of Homophones/Homonyms
6. List of Prepositions
7. List of Synonyms and Antonyms
8. Rules and List of Conjunctions
9. Spotting the Error
10. Active And Passive Voice Rules
11. Cloze Test
12. Reading Comprehension
13. Article Rules
14. Letter Writing Format
15. Direct & Indirect Speech Rules
16. Precis Writing
17. Sentence Rearrangement & Para jumbles
18. Sentence Correction Questions
19. Adjective Degree Of Comparison Rules
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
1. Indian History with special reference to the Freedom struggle
2. First in the world (Adventure, Sports, Discoveries)
3. The Newspaper world – (Current Dailies & Weeklies of India)
4. Languages & Culture
5. International Organisations- UNO, WHO, WTO, IMF, UNESCO, UNCTAD, etc.
6. Important Regional Organizations and Blocs- BRICS, OPEC, ASEAN, SAARC, BIMSTEC, G-20, G-7, etc.
7. Sustainable Development Goals
8. Communicable Diseases- cure and prevention
9. NCDC- COVID-19 – SOPs, Advisories, Guidelines, etc
10. Popular Personalities (Politics, Scientific discoveries, Geographical, Sports, History
11. World-famous Awards
12. The world of Sports
13. Current Events of National and International importance
14. political & Physical divisions of world & India
15. Important Rivers & Lakes in India
16. Climate & crops in India
17. Agriculture in economic development; Industrialization and economic development.
18. Foreign Trade & Balance of payments
19. New economic reforms
20. inflation, Monetary Policy, Fiscal Policy, Capital Markets, Role of RBI, Taxation in India- Direct & Indirect Tax – CBDT, GST, etc.
21. Thermal / Nuclear/ Hydro Power Plants in India
22. India’s Atomic Research Programme.
1. Non-conventional sources of energy (Solar energy, Tidal energy).
2. Mechanics, Rest, motion, Velocity, acceleration, Newton Laws of motion,
3. Voltage, Current, Resistance, Power, D.C Batteries
4. Waves, light as a wave, Sound waves, Transverse and longitudinal waves.
5. Structure of Atom
6. Solids, Liquids, and Gases(Basics)
7. Life processes: Nutrition and its types, Respiration, Transportation of water, food, and minerals in plants.
8. Various sources of energy; conventional sources of energy; improvement in technology for using a conventional source of energy (Biomass and wind energy)
9. Environmental pollution
10. Ecosystem – Its components, Food chains, and food webs.
11. The ozone layer, its depletion, Greenhouse Effect.
1. Fundamentals of computer sciences
2. M.S Word, M.S Excel, M.S Access
3. Basic of Hardware & Software
4. Input and output devices
5. E-mail & Internet
6. Operating system
1. Number System
3. Decimal & Fraction
4. HCF LCM
5. Ratio & Proportion
7. Profit & Loss
9. Simple Interest and Compound Interest
11. Time & Work
13. Use of Table & Graph
General Knowledge with special reference to UT of J&K
1. Popular names of personalities and their achievements/ Contribution (National and International).
2. Weather, Climate, Crops, Means of Transport.
3. Rivers and Lakes.
4. J&K History, Economy, and Culture
5. Flora and Fauna of J&K
6. J&K Panchayati Raj Act, 1989 (as amended up to December 2020), 73rd & 74th constitutional amendments.
7. Important Tourist Destinations
8. J&K Reorganisation Act, 2019.
JKSSB is going to conduct the examinations for the scrapped posts of Sub Inspector/SI after in November 2022.
The exam consists of three stages – The physical Endurance Test. Written Test and Interview Round.
The syllabus for the exam has sections like – General English, General knowledge, General Science, Mental Abilities, Computer knowledge.
The duration of the JKSSB SI Exam is 120 minutes overal
The marking scheme of the JKSSB SI Exam comprises a 1 mark for each correct answer while there are 0.25 negatitive marks for the wrong answer.